Had the pleasure of speaking yesterday at the London Umbraco meet-up hosted at Zone on the topic of ASP.Net 5 and C# 6. For anyone who was there and wants a reference, or who wasn't and is interested in an introduction to this area, I'll post a few resources.
Firstly the slides from the talk are available here.
And then here's a number of links to blogs and other online resources that I've used in researching the topic and preparing the talk:
- Intro to ASP.Net 5 from Scott Gu
- Video introduction from Scott Hanselman and Scott Hunter
- Source code repository
- ASP.Net 5 documentation
- ASP.NET 5 Middleware, Or Where Has My HttpModule Gone?
- Understanding ASP.NET 5 middleware
- Taking Control of Configuration in MVC6
- Introduction to view components
- Introduction to tag helpers
- Creating a custom tag helper
- C# FAQs - New Features in C# 6
- New Language Features in C# 6
- MSDN magazine: The New and Improved C# 6.0
You can even watch it if you like.
Thanks to Ali, Ravi for organisation last night and all the attendees.